The Organization / People module represents the system and team that keep the support the functions of the business.
Roles that may be included as part of the organizational structure:
- Executives (CEO, CFO, COO, etc.)
- Customer Service
You can almost think of the hiring funnel in the same way that you might attract buyers through the Sales & Marketing process. At the end of the day, your employees are effectively internal customers--they are buying into the opportunity to be on the team and are willing to trade their time for pay.
As a result, we can consider the qualities and skills that the business needs for various roles in the org chart and can quickly develop descriptions of the jobs to be filled.
The goal of a robust hiring funnel is to have a bench full of additional candidates that could be called upon as the need arises (so that you don't have to scramble and settle for a less-than-ideal option).
The primary profit lever that can be improved in the Organization / People module is to find ways to minimize the fixed expenses that are incurred each month.
By identifying the symptoms of bottlenecks in the areas of your business, we can identify potential solutions to alleviate constraints.
- The support system is struggling to keep pace with sales + operations
- Support team members is edging toward burn out
Apply it to your business (fill in the blank with one of the tactics above):
- If I were going to _________ right now, where would I start?
- How have I found ways to _________ in the past?
- Who in a business/industry similar to mine would I be able to ask about _________?
- How could I inexpensively and quickly test _________?
- When can I commit to testing _________, and how will I know if it’s working?